Valued ANFF-Q Users/Supervisors/Stakeholders,
The ANFF-Q has introduced some preventive methods in our facilities located on level 2 of the AIBN, to help protect our users and staff from the spread of the COVID 19 virus:
- The communal safety glasses have been removed and all users are requested to use their own safety glasses. ANFF-Q can supply glasses for any user who has lost their own pair issued at the AIBN induction or users can request a pair from the floor manager. Users can use glasses from other lab areas.
- All user must wear gloves in the lab area.
- Users must wipe down the equipment they use with the Ethanol and wipes provided before starting any work.
- Regular users of the cleanroom will be supplied with a suit and hood which they can use for 1 week. These items will be stored in a zip lock bag and kept in the change locker in the cleanroom change area. The user should write their name on the bag
- The suits will be removed every Friday and cleaned. Users will be issued with a new suit and hood each week.
- Casual users must put their suits and hoods in the laundry box situated in the change room if they are not required for the rest of the week.
- Only 1 person can be changing at a time in the cleanroom gowning area. Once a person is on the cleanroom side of the step over, then a 2nd person can enter and get changed. The same applied for exiting the clean room, only 1 person de-gowning at a time.
- When de-gowning the last item to be removed is gloves.
- Users MUST wash their hands before touching the exit doors and leaving the lab, as per existing requirements.
It is essential that all users adhere to the existing protocol of washing their hands before leaving the lab.
Gloves must NOT be worn to open the entry and exit doors as per current protocols.
Facility Access and Training
- The latest social distancing rules have made training impractical, therefore the ANFF-Q are unable to offer face-to-face training. Training can be provided online wherever possible and effective.
- If you believe gaining access to ANFF-Q is essential at this time, you can request a “pay for service” option whereby ANFF-Q staff will carry out essential processing. There will unfortunately be an additional cost associated with this mode of ‘assisted access’. Pricing details can be found on the ANFF-Q website: https://anff-q.org.au/access/pricing/
- The facility will be sectioned as follows:
b. Characterisation Darkroom (and Confocal)
c. Old Soft litho area (high speed camera microscope, fume hood, MFP3D)
d. Characterisation area (Cypher AFM, SEM, GPC, Surpass)
e. JPK Darkroom (JPK AFM, Zeiss Confocal)
f. Long Pocket (furnace, laser system, microscope and device fabrication)
g. CAD area
- All areas are only permitted 1 person at any time, whether client or ANFF-Q staff
- Except for the cleanroom where a maximum of 3 users are permitted at any time and Long Pocket where 1 person per room is allowed (max 2)
- Bookings for the areas are to be co-ordinated by the staff members for their areas.
- Design consultations will be conducted online via phone or video link. Design updates will be carried out by ANFF-Q staff and the updated design sent to the client for review.
For those who are fully trained on instruments, it is possible to book and use tools during this period.
If you need to access an instrument, please contact the relevant Professional Officer. You can find a full list of our instruments and the relevant contact Professional Officer on our website: anff-q.org.au/instrument/.
We thank all of our clients for their patience and compliance during this challenging time.
If you have any concerns or further questions please don’t hesitate to contact ANFF-Q Management or Staff.
ANFF-Q Facility Manager