ANFF-Q will be hosting a vacuum workshop presented by Andy Taylor, John Morris Group Product Manager – Vacuum Division, on Wednesday 6 November. The workshop will be split into two sections and followed by afternoon tea.
General vacuum technology course
This technical hands-on course for students and researchers will cover:
- basics of vacuum technology, vacuum theory and major components
- all types of low to high vacuum pumping techniques, vacuum gauges and vacuum practices
- a mixture of theory and hands-on practical sessions
- interactive demonstration of pumps, gauges, systems and applications
Helium leak detection
This technical course is aimed at UHV/HV technicians, FAB maintenance personnel and vacuum system users. It will include:
- a combination of theory and hands-on practical learning
- process theory and the of fundamentals of leak detection
- types of leaks
- virtual and actual
- gross and fine leaks
- a range of leak checking techniques including atmospheric testing, helium bombing and bagging.